Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Loyal Journey

Yesterday, I had a co-worker for the past three years move on to another opportunity with another company. She was very dedicated to the company in her time with us but some people would say that she wasn't very loyal for leaving so quickly. This couldn't be further from the truth. 

I made a point of voicing to the rest of our staff that her years of service has no indication of how loyal she was, but rather, her efforts every time she came to work was the true indication of her loyalty to the company. When we give our all each and every day to further the success of those we work with/for, that's what truly shows where our loyalty lies. I've known people that have worked for companies for decades but never have a good thing to say about the company they work for or the people they work with. Often, these same people are the first to take advantage of the company or "play the system" to get ahead. 

In Colossians 3:23, it states: "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Often at work I forget the greater purpose of why I am there. I also often forget Who put me there. 

Today in my devotions, I was reminded of that very thought about Who put me in the position I am in doing what I am doing. Solomon wrote in Proverbs 16:33, "“We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.”(NLT) We can think that it is because of our efforts that we get where we are in life, but ultimately, God determines where we end up because He has purpose for each and every person in this world. Just read the rest of the chapter and you'll quickly discover how true that is. You have a purpose and God cares about you. That is so humbling the more you think about it. 

So the next time you're heading into work, remember that you're not going there by mistake. There is a reason why you're there and you never know how God will use you in that opportunity. Also, remember to give your best effort and to be a loyal employee no matter how long you work for a company. It might just be the tool God uses to move you to the next step in your career. 

As for the employee I started off mentioning, I wish her all the best and thank her for her loyalty over the last three years. I know her new employer is very fortunate to have her and they will benefit from what she brings to the table. Best wishes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment