Friday, August 13, 2010

The Still Small Voice

The other day I was feeling the urge to write again so I did.  I had written out what I thought might have been one of my best blogs to date.  As I went to post it, there were errors in the posting and I was feeling like this was not made for public viewing, but I fixed the errors and posted it.

... then came the still small voice ... "Dean ... take it down."

Now ... if you have read any of my other posts, you will know by now that I don't really have a great track record of listening.  However, after a series of recent events, I am learning to listen and I quickly removed the post from the blog site.  I had a peace about it.  I did, however, save the blog into a Word document and thought maybe this one is for another time.

Later on that day, I was talking to a friend of mine who was going through some life choices.  He was wrestling with God about some decisions that were coming up in his life.

... then came the still small voice ... "Dean ... send him the blog."

Again ... I thought I was starting to lose it, but I thought that if I didn't maybe I would miss out on something that God was doing.  So I sent him the blog and after he had read it he told me that it confirmed for him everything that God was telling him.  Even some of the wording matched perfectly what God had told him.

To say the least, I was humbled.  I am only starting to understand the still small voice, but I am glad that God found it in His infinite wisdom to use me in that manner and that I was obedient.  In the past ... I have done my own thing, but I am learning that it is not all about me.  Sometimes swallowing our pride is the biggest lesson that we can learn.

So ... I keep on with my journey in becoming more like Christ and look to Him for direction.  The more I think I have it figured out, the more I realize that I don't have a clue what is going on ... but I am glad that He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment