Monday, June 28, 2010

The Humble Search

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me.  For one, I won a game of Settlers of Catan against my sister-in-law, nephew and niece but that's not really why I am writing today.  I had one of those moments when God humbles you and reminds you that it really isn't about you, but about Him.

On the fourth Sunday of every month at The LIFE Centre (www.thelifecentre.ca) we have what is called Super Sunday.  It is kind of like a huge kids church where all the kids stay in with me and we sing songs, play games and do a life lesson.  One of the things that I did yesterday was I put all the kids into four colour groups (blue, green, yellow and orange) and took them outside.  What they didn't know was that hidden outside (thanks Emily S.) was the memory verse ... one word on a single piece of paper for their colour group.  So each child was let loose to find 13 pieces of paper in their respective colour groups.

That's when it happened ...

As I stood there and watched the kids run around looking for the pieces of paper I realized that this is why I do what I do.  The kids were running and laughing and playing and searching and having fun.  I was releasing kids to love Jesus ...

but then the humbling part ...

God showed me, however, that I needed to be more like the kids.  They were striving so hard to find all 13 pieces of paper to discover the memory verse.  It was that quiet voice ... that gentle reminder ... that I need to search for God the way the kids were searching for the memory verse.  I need to be like those kids in my search of Christ ... running and laughing and playing and searching ...

So from now on when people ask me if I am ever going to grow up my response will be ... NEVER!

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Plan to stay young for all eternity. Jesus said to come as a little child. Aren't those God moments amazing!!

    ReplyDelete