Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Faith In God

I recently preached a sermon at our church where as I was preaching, I realized that this message (even though some received something from it) wasn`t for the congregation as much as it was for me.

A lot of the times in my past, I have been overwhelmed by my personal circumstances.  I have seen financial, relational and emotional low times in my life where I wondered why do I bother believing that God is going to help me out of my situation.  It wasn`t so much that I was depressed, but more of the fact that I was let down that God "failed" me again.  I started to believe that because God didn't answer my prayers the way that I thought He should or in the time frame when I thought I needed Him to answer, that maybe, just maybe, God didn't really exist.  Maybe He was just a wild figment of my imagination.

But that brings me back to my sermon.  As I was preparing, I was reminded that God is not a God of situations, but rather that God just is.  In Exodus 3:14, God was speaking to Moses through a burning bush and he said to him, "Moses!  Tell them that I AM sent you."  God never said, "I'm that God that did this" or "I'm that God that did that", but he said, "I AM WHO I AM".

God doesn't need circumstances to be God.  The truth is ... He is God, and it is up to us to have faith that He is who He says He is and that He will respond to us. (Heb 11:6)  God's existence does not depend on our circumstances.  God's existence doesn't depend on what happens to us.  God exists because He says He exists and it is up to us to have faith in that.

So when you're struggling to understand why God allows things to happen, trust Him, because HE IS GOD!  HE IS REAL!  He knows what is best for your situation and because He is sovereign, let Him figure it out and just believe that HE IS and HE WILL RESPOND!

Never Lose the Passion,
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment