Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Expectantly Strong and Courageous

Have you ever waited anxiously to find out important news?  Have you ever stressed about something because it really matters to you but you're just not sure what the outcome is going to be?  Today is one of those days ... but I am not stressed or anxious.

My oldest brother is currently having surgery to remove a growth in his head.  This is second surgery in the past two weeks to remove this growth which was originally measured at 6cm.  That is huge when you break out the ruler and think about it.  I'm not sure how long the surgery is going to last, but last time they went in through his nose, but this time they are cutting down through his skull to get the remainder of the mass.  As you can well imagine, his wife and our parents are quite concerned at this moment for his well-being.

There are always times in our life when we are not going to be sure of the outcome, but God reminds us in his word that he will never leave us or forsake us. (Deut 31:6)  The verse even begins with "be strong and courageous"!  That is how confident we should be in our God!  We should be strong and courageous in the times of adversity in our life.  But it is a choice that we have to make to be this way.  It is a direct order from God to be strong.  It is a direct order from God to have courage.  We have to dig deep within us and have faith that God is going to be with us.

(SIDE NOTE: I just burnt two new shirts on my lamp in my room while writing this ... DOH!)

Back to my brother.  I have concern for his well-being as he is my brother, but I have faith that our God will bring him through this operation and that God will be glorified in all of this.  I have faith that our God is with us during this adversity in our lives.  He is a big God!  He is a great God!  He is a faithful God!  So today, I choose to be strong and I choose to have courage!  If you're going through a tough spot in your life, choose to have faith by being strong and having courage in a God that is able to provide for you!

Waiting With Anticipation

No comments:

Post a Comment