Monday, December 28, 2009

Decades of Time

Today I am at home doing laundry and catching up after a busy Christmas.  I'm celebrating my Boxing Day vacation day and I must say it is nice to just sit back and relax.  I've been working through my ideas for 2010, but so far the only thing I want to really do is crawl back into my nice bed which is warm and cozy just because I can!  But the reality of getting some things accomplished at home is just to overwhelming and I really don't feel like putting off anything more until tomorrow.  Well ... I guess I am procrastinating a bit by jotting down my thoughts.  Oh well!

In a few days, we will be celebrating the end of one year and the beginning of another decade.  It amazes me how fast time flies when you are having so much fun (despite the few road bumps along the way) and how old I really am.  It seems like yesterday that I was riding my Big Wheel down the street with my next door neighbour or even learning to drive.  The truth be told, that Big Wheel would collaspe under my weight currently and I've been driving for over 18 years.  THAT'S INSANE!!!

Still, the older I get, the more I discover that I just don't know it all!  Maybe that is the true sign of age!  The more you experience, the less you have learned!  Or is it that we have learned so much through our experiences that we don't even comprehend how much more there is to learn?  Either way, I am thankful that the more I learn the more God shows me I need to rely on Him and not on my own "knowledge".  I need to let Him be "the light unto my path" and show me which way to go as we face this new year and decade together.  He hasn't brought me this far just to say, "alright ... you're on your own now."  He wants me to follow the words of Proverbs 3:6-7 which state, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths straight."

As you look to 2010 with wonder and anxiousness, remember that God wants you to have a straight path that leads you to Him.  Acknowledge Him this year and watch in awe as He does amazing things in your life!

Happy New Year!
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment